For Immediate Release — July 27, 2009
Join Us for Ag Day 2009 – UT vs. Ohio – Sept. 26
Street Fair to Celebrate Institute’s Programs and Impacts
Visitors to Ag Day on the campus of the UT Institute of Agriculture in Knoxville enjoy plenty of free demonstrations and activities, for example in 2008 many watched grinding at this grist mill.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Join UT’s Institute of Agriculture for a fun and festive Ag Day Street Fair. With the theme “UTIA – Leading the Way,” events start at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 26. Kick-off for the UT vs. Ohio game is at 7 p.m.
Things you will find at Ag Day:
• Departmental displays and exhibits,
• Insect petting zoo,
• Live music,
• Current and former professors of agriculture, natural resources and veterinary medicine,
• A visit from UT's mascot Smokey,
• Antique tractor display,
• Free popcorn and ice cream,
• A meal available for purchase from the Student Livestock Association,
• Information on the Tennessee Bioenergy Programs,
• Tours of the College of Veterinary Medicine and UT Gardens,
• Moonwalk, face painting and balloon art,
• And much more!
There will also be giveaways and T-shirts available for purchase. Ag Day takes place on the agricultural campus on E. J. Chapman drive, north of Joe Johnson Drive.
A block of 500 football tickets has been reserved. Tickets are $40 each. To purchase, call Arlene King at 865-974-1928 to obtain login and password. Then follow this link https://www.groupticketwindow.com/groupticket/college/TennesseeUniversity/group to order.
The evening before Ag Day, there will be a celebratory banquet commemorating the 90th anniversary of the Department of Agricultural Economics. Alumni and friends of the Agricultural Economics Department are invited to attend. For more information on this event, call the Department of Agricultural Economics at 865-974-7466.
Margot Emery, Department of UTIA Marketing and Communications Services, 865-974-7141,